Ogden Utah Temple

Temple #17
Ogden, Utah
October 2, 2014


 


     Ogden is a great city, with a newly refinished, breathtaking Temple. Ivy was lucky enough to have seen the old Ogden Temple, but I've only seen the new one. We were blessed to be able to go to the open house before it was dedicated, and then go to the temple soon after it was dedicated. 
     Ivy and I made our way to Ogden often. The reason was because Ivy has her Brother Dean and his family living there. 
     The open house was wonderful. We went with Ivys’ parents, and it was just stunning. New temples are always so enjoyable and I love going to them. They're so fresh and new, and the spirit is strong. 
     We then went when it was dedicated, and that was even more spiritual. It's a massive building, and the new grounds are wonderful. There is a pretty fountain on the West side, with a reflection pool. One thing neat with this temple is that you can enter from either the West or East side. When inside you can make your way through and get to where you need to. 
     The Ogden Temple wasn't only new, but it was built with the best of materials. It had beautiful African mahogany, which I quickly notice since I love carpentry. The woodwork is everywhere, and done wonderfully. The stone work is also great and was done with great care. 
     One thing I've noticed in all temples is the perfection in all the craftsmanship done. It's nearly impossible to see the seams in the wood, or putty holes from a nail gun. Those who work on the temple are extremely skilled and do a wonderful job! 
     Don't look too closely at the picture posted, but if you do, you'll notice that my face is nice and chubby. I had recently been out of surgery for my jaw, and my cheeks were massive as if I gained ten pounds in my face alone. I also couldn't shave, and so the terrible hairiness doesn't help. Didn't take away from the awesomeness of the temple though. 
     Some random facts are that the Ogden Temple is one of only four temples that has six ordinance rooms. It was also the fifth temple in Utah, following the Salt Lake Temple seventy-eight years later.
     The Ogden Temple is beautiful, and we have gone back often. It's a gorgeous temple and the area around it is gorgeous as well. It is one of our highly recommend temples to visit. 


Comments

Popular Posts