Columbus Ohio & Indianapolis Indiana

Temples #59 & #60
Columbus Ohio and Indianapolis Indiana
April 7, 2016




     We continuid our trip home, now leaving Michigan. Detroit was fun enough, but we were happy to move on. Our next stop was Columbus Ohio, which was only a few hours away. We drove straight to the temple and went and did initiatories. We love doing initiatories, although we are separated while we do them, they are a great reminder of all the blessings we have and receive while we wear our garments. 
     The Columbus Ohio temple was just another small temple, and so there was not much to remember or write about it. It is neat though that the Church has a temple in the state where the Kirtland temple is. Unfortunately on this trip we weren't able to go to Kirtland, but we hope someday we will be able to. 
     After the Columbus temple we drove West to Indianapolis, Indiana. We were somewhat excited for this temple because it was not even a year old yet. Going to brand new temples is always fun because they feel extremely new, and the workers have a fresh feeling to them where you can tell they are still learning but completely love it. A new temple worker is somewhat like a brand new missionary right out of the MTC, and it is exciting!
     We weren't sure what to expect of the Indianapolis temple when we got there because it seemed like another small temple. We were soon overly excited as we drove up to it. It has a small-temple-like design yet is a little larger. When reading about the temple on the Church's website we learned that there was a lot of opposition when trying to make plans for the temple, yet through plenty of work and adjusting they were able to get it approved. 



     We went into the temple to do a session and instantly felt a peace there. A kind temple worker talked to us for a moment and told us about the new temple, some symbolism in it, and how they put all the utilities into a separate building to help with the peace of the temple. We noticed throughout our session that it was extremely quiet and we could have heard a pin drop. There were also only three other people in the session with us and so it was a small and silent session. 
     There were also murals on the wall in the Telestial room which were brilliant and bright. Everything in each room was done extremely well and with the best of craftsmanship. To say the least, it was simply spectacular. 
     After the quaint session we went into the pure Celestial room which was more peaceful to me than any other Celestial room I have ever been in. It was silent and it was wonderful. During the session I had a prayer in my heart because my family was going through a hard time with some things. I said a prayer wondering if all would be well. When Ivy and I got into the Celestial room and sat down I instantly was overwhelmed with peace and a comfort in my soul, and I began to cry. I knew I felt the spirit and my prayer was answered. I had the feeling that no matter what all would be well.
      It was an amazing spiritual moment within the Indianapolis temple, now making it one of our favorites because we both strongly felt the spirit there. It was a great experience and we loved it. We drove around Indianapolis and it was an alright city but didn't have much that was too exciting and so we moved on. What we will always remember though is those feelings of peace we felt within the temple, and how clean it felt there. 
     The temple is the best place to go to have your prayers answered. I have learned this for myself and it is the truth. It was a few months later when my answer to my prayer was realized and all was well in my family, but my prayer was answered and the answer came true. God loves and answers prayers, especially in the temples, and that's why we love to go to temples! 

Comments

Popular Posts